Currently, Instagram is one of the most popular apps in the world. User friendly, photo-sharing applications are garnering an ever-increasing number of users, and many enterprises are looking to harness this advantage.
An Instagram clone app, as the name suggests, refers to an application built on the lines of, and similar to, Instagram. Given the popularity of Instagram and the growth of businesses hunting for ways to develop clones, the number of sources for growing these clone apps is growing.
How to create an Instagram Clone App? Features, Platforms, Checklist, etc.
Features: Any app is defined by its features. Instagram boasts of an array of features ranging from the basest to the most intricate. You need to decide which of these to incorporate.
1. Basic Features: –
1) Login and Sign Up
2) Home Screen, Search and Live Stories
3) Posts, Profile and Settings
4) Direct Messages and Notifications
2. Advanced Features: –
1) Login Methods: Your app must have the feature of enabling users to login via various methods and devices, such as Google, Facebook, email or mobile number.
2) Stories and Highlights: Stories are one of the most popular Instagram features. Your app should notify other users when someone posts a story. Additionally, you could have features to allow users to decide the story time, rather than the default 24 hours. Further, there should be options to save stories as highlights.
3) Post Varieties: Try different types of features for posts. For example, Instagram has Boomerang (1.5 second circling recordings), Superzoom (3-second close in), rewind recordings, Emoticon Slider (questions answered using slider), Nametag, IGTV, Question Stickers, etc.
4) GPS Integration: Travelling and posting have become inseparable. To facilitate and harness this, Instagram allows users to automatically fetch locations when posting or even add it manually.
5) Social Media Integration: Most users are active on multiple social media platforms and would like to post at each one. To prevent the hassle of individually posting on each app, your application should be synchronised with other popular social media platforms, or at least one of them.
6) Within story direct messaging: While traditional direct messaging and stories are important features in themselves, an innovation to consider and bank on is enabling users to direct message within, and reply to, stories posted by others. They could reply to questions, polls, or give suggestions. All this promotes engagement, which popular app users adore.
7) Picture Editing and profile: There are numerous apps for top-quality photo editing, true, but it would be great if your app, like Instagram, provides features for picture editing as well. This allows users to filter pictures on the very app they wish to post it on. Additionally, your app should have a systematic profile feature, wherein users can enter their email, name, contact, address, following, followers, posts, etc.
8) Search and Notifications: Search is an essential feature for any Top React native Instagram Clone App, because it allows users to search for friends and family and locate them on the app. Notifications, when turned on, will enable users to get notified when their posts are liked or commented on, for follow requests and direct messages, as well as when they have been mentioned in someone else’s posts.
Things to keep in Mind: There are several factors to consider and attend to when developing an Instagram Clone App.
1. Client Study: Before beginning the process of app development, you should have an idea about who your target audience is and what their requirements from the application are likely to be. This aids in developing appropriate features and framing focus areas.
2. Wireframing and Designing: Business analysts develop wireframes of each screen of the app, along with features and functionalities to assess it as a whole. Designers will develop the look of the app, which should be top-notch to grab and arrest user attention.
3. Development: After wireframing and designing, the app development team will work on creating the app with the required features. Top react native for instagram clone is quite well-known for developing.
4. Testing and Usage: Post development, the app should be tested for all features on various devices to ensure optimum functioning. Once testing is completed and any shortcomings dealt with, the app should be released and marketed for the users.
5. Income and Monetization: You need ways to earn money from your photo-sharing app. Like Instagram, you can bank on sponsored posts, sponsored advertisements, video advertisements, etc. Most importantly, the wider your user base, the more your income, thanks to the increased popularity.
Platforms: There are various ways to develop an Instagram Clone App. Method choice will depend on feature requirement, Operating System (Android, Mac, etc.), and budget. Top react native instagram clone is a platform to consider, while GitHub and Kotlin are fairly popular as well.